Henvote Tool v0.2

Hi everyone,
it’s an open discussion regarding upcoming features of Henvote v0.2

Mission:
Open community DAO tool for H=N and ecosystem.
To empower the hicetnunc community to create and vote in smart polls.

Roadmap for v0.2:

• Overall design and code improvements
    • Replacing two categories by tags
  • Settings page for the poll creators
    • Vote weight algorithm and requirement settings
      • custom tokens, hDAO balance, TzProfiles
    • Custom quorum setting
  • Allowing users to create polls
  • Live visualisation of ongoing votes
  • Multiple vote “Ballot” pages
  • Optimize voting cost
  • Research and open discussion regarding further features

More in our document:

www.henvote.xyz - current v0.1 live

1 Like

I thought the voting tool was really key to getting community feedback. It functioned well and the design was clean so that the information could be easily understood. Thank you very much and congratulations on a successful v1 vote cycle!

There are a few points that I would improve, but not sure the right solution.

• What are we voting on? The post included a summary of the vote in question, but for more info one had to go to a google doc project page. Would it be possible to have the all of the information in the vote post, maybe with a foldable section to open for more info? I think the post already had a foldable section if I remember correctly.
  • User voting weight. I know there was some information on how vote weight was calculated, but maybe there could be some information that the user can view to understand their vote weight.
  • Voting vs Questions. Do we need both categories? What about if instead there were “proposals” and these are ranked in order of implementation stage? To move to the next stage there would be a vote.
  • Minimum info threshold to get votes on board. There were some questions / votes with little to no information, so one could not really understand what they were voting on. This isn’t so much related to the voting system I guess, but maybe the voting system could impose some requirements for a vote to be posted?

Anyways, just a few things that came to mind while voting. Thanks again!

@fraguada

Thank you for your feedback, we definitely want to hear it from the community. New version will be more open for the whole community purposes.

What are we voting on? The post included a summary of the vote in question, but for more info one had to go to a google doc project page. Would it be possible to have the all of the information in the vote post, maybe with a foldable section to open for more info? I think the post already had a foldable section if I remember correctly.

Yes, totally makes sense. We just have to implement this proper editor.
We have a very basic one for now and we were following the Hicathon standards (Google Docs as a single source of truth).
New version should have the editor.

User voting weight. I know there was some information on how vote weight was calculated, but maybe there could be some information that the user can view to understand their vote weight.

Good point to highlight it!
Voting weight factors will be also adjusted, since Hicathon badge is not playing a primary role and TzProfile is not fully supported by blockchain (one of the reasons why we don’t have the ongoing live results).

Voting vs Questions. Do we need both categories? What about if instead there were “proposals” and these are ranked in order of implementation stage? To move to the next stage there would be a vote.

We had an idea, that not everything is a proposal, but it can be just a question.
Now we are realising, that not everyone understand it they same way. We are about to remove the categories and replace it by tags. So, users will be able to categorise the polls themselves by tags.

Implementation stage is a very tricky point, we had it in design and ideas, it’s even implemented on a basic level. For example, there are no dev stages, if ppl are asking a question or they are not the same as on dev proposal, plus who will update it and how etc.

Minimum info threshold to get votes on board. There were some questions / votes with little to no information, so one could not really understand what they were voting on. This isn’t so much related to the voting system I guess, but maybe the voting system could impose some requirements for a vote to be posted?

You are right. This thing is harder to solve, it’s more about content, but very important point to think about.

I had 2 Twitter polls regarding ppl decisions to vote or not, missing information was the main factor:

Hi!

Went through Figma and would like to share some feedback on the app design. What’s the best way to do this?

1 Like

@isonar Hi,
directly in Figma comments should be a good place for design feedback.
(Figma and current implementation are not everywhere matching, but we will work more toward the UI this time)

1 Like

Got you! Can you grant me permission to leave comments? https://www.figma.com/@isonar
Thanks in advance!

Is there a report of the results from this experiment? what decisions were made based upon this?

Please have a look the presentation, where approach and voting algorithm were explained:

Past votes where all Hicathon decisions were made:
https://www.henvote.xyz/past-votes

Our current document above.

For the sake of transparency 20k tez was distributed with this tool. As a feedback It would be important to have op hashes registered in some sort of database at hand for this sorts of applications. W.G. Documentations/results should be presented also in this process. The hicathon finale video would be a means to achieve this, or individual videos/presentations. The hicathon video was made private though in our hicetnunc2000 youtube channel as it seemed redundant compared to the first phase of the hicathon.

A sustainable approach to such efforts was important. We have no budget guarantees for maintaining any of these projects, nor to have a similar event again without considering the context we are inserted.