Discord RECAP Nov13-21

i will try to recap the events from satureday 4pm UTC to Sunday 8 pm UTC and include all the info i was able to witness or gather.

• after the discussion with DNS (recap: see below) DNS got banned from discord due to report or discord algorithm. they weren’t banned from the server by the mods. bc of that they couldnt come to the voice chat catchup that the hen community discord set up. they did a twitter space instead.
  • the catch up meeting happened on hen-community discord. transcript: Transcript from the Community Meeting on Discord - Nov 13
  • @UFFFD had contact to rafael lima and rafael agreed to lower the fees for the hicetnunc smartcontract to 1%. (potentially tries even sub 1%, 0 is not possible)
  • this is broadly received with the following implications: rafael is not trying to “kill” hen, he is not trying to set up the contract in a way that trading on any hen instances is impossible, rafael is willing to do “something” he is not unreachable but clearly he is not interested in working actively on any instance atm.
  • DNS handed over the domain hicetnunc.art to @Manitcor who is the binding bridge between the two parties (DNS and hen-community) because they provide the indexer for both hen instances and worked both with hicetnunc and DNS (see: Hi, I'm Joe, founder of Integro Labs and TezTools, I will be your custodian for this journey)
  • DNS seems to be willing to (potentially) cooperate still with dev power and knowledge, but not to the extend they planned.
  • so it looks like we could be able to keep the site itself running without the need to “fork” - we dont know about the original domain yet though (rafael has it)
  • the big topic now is: what is the IP situation here: should we keep the original name/domain or rebrand?

also putting that in here:
willl post the summary of the talk with DNS (13.11. around 2pm to 4 pm UTC) in :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:general here too as an temporary summary:

think we can takeaway this:

there is general reservations towards .art because

• the usage of the orig name, promoting it as a continuation without properly marking it as a fork
  • planning on forking the smartcontract without working with the hen community beforehand, proposing various ideas how to
  • agressivvely trying to bring people in via spaces, discord etc leaving little room for the community
    to make up their mind

there is opportunity of working with DNS because

• they seem to be able to provide a lot of resources and know how

• they state that they want to set up a multisig wallet controlled by the community (?)/ set up a DAO

• they have a running mirror with @Manitcor involved.

• setting the fees to 0 seems to be an interesting idea to them(?)

3 Likes

Hello, Shokunin from DNS here. Some of this information is no longer up to date in light of the recent change to the ownership of the domain. I’d like to provide an update of the state of things with DNS.

The site is up, secure, and in the hands of the community! We have transferred the hicetnunc.art domain to Manitcor, in order for your community and TezTools to own the instance.

Our team is no longer in the picture when it comes to hicetnunc.art, and we will be focusing all our development resources to work on DNS again.

Regarding the suggestions above, we believe that this community is the best place to get these decisions made and that you are in good hands with TezTools’ help and the other HicEtNunc developers!

Part of the work we are doing for DNS is to increase performance of IPFS. We are working together with Pinata.cloud on pinning all the IPFS data that was on Infura. This is going to help every NFT project in the space that displays HEN NFTs (Objkt, HicAf…) because it provides mirroring for everyone. No actions needed from any team, as this is automatically handled by IPFS and gateways.

2 Likes

thank you, and you are right. these are daily recaps, i wasnt able to upload the one from yesterday here where the situation is updated. thanks for highlighting this, this info is very crucial to get out into the public!

if you are interested, here are the recaps of the next 2 days
i hope i got vereything right in here, let me know if you feel misrepresented